Old August 28th 03, 04:05 AM
Mark Roberts

Charles Hobbs had written:

| "Spam with an antenna".

I like that description. I'll have to remember it.

The Conventional Wisdom Crowd (you know, the folks who claim that
"radio's never been better") ignores this quite obvious sign of
radio's declining economic health: they're stooping to the radio
equivalent of spam as a source of revenues. Another sign:
Wal-Mart doesn't advertise on radio. Not that I think Wal-Mart is
so wonderful, but that's a company that's smart enough to figure
out what works to meet its goals and that will do what it takes to
meet its goals. Radio is obviously not a part of that picture,
while other media are.

--
Mark Roberts |"Their latest [CD], 'I Love America', is a collection of songs
Oakland, Cal.| inspired by the Sept. 11, 2002, terrorist attacks and performed