Old August 28th 03, 03:04 PM
TheWanderer

No No...the US Government can only regulate "interstate commerce"
It there is no commerce, no comtrol

go be a sheeple elesewhere

"Mark Jeffries" wrote in message
(DJ UndahCovah) wrote in message

Our local radio station, radio free brattleboro, is currently
documenting community support to show the FCC that indeed, we have the
"authority to operate" as granted to us by the public, who own the
airwaves. We are a non-profit, non-commerical, 10 watt station with a
mission to train local citizens in the art of radio broadcasting and
the rights and responsibilities inherent to free speech. Our lawyers
have advised us that since the FCC has not defined what "authority to
operate" is, we can define it as community support. Since we webcast,
you are our community too!

The "authority to operate" is the license from the FCC. Until you
have that, you have no authority to operate--you're a pirate. The
airwaves are sparse and that's why they have to be regulated. You may
not like the way they're regulated or not regulated, but it's still
the law.

And because you're a pirate, you are ineligible to get an LPFM
license--and considering that Vermont is an area that *didn't* lose
its LPFM frequencies in the argument with the NAB and NPR over
adjacencies, you very well could've received a legal LPFM license if
you weren't waving the Jolly Roger. Congratulations, Long John
Silver.