Old August 28th 03, 03:03 PM
Richie Kennedy

(Mark Roberts) wrote in :

Wal-Mart doesn't advertise on radio. Not that I think Wal-Mart is
so wonderful, but that's a company that's smart enough to figure
out what works to meet its goals and that will do what it takes to
meet its goals. Radio is obviously not a part of that picture,
while other media are.

Actually, Wal*Mart has advertised regularly on Paul Harvey, so they do some
radio advertising, albeit strictly confined. I guess you gotta know where
they can deliver a clean pitch....

BTW, the affiliate list on the official Paul Harvey website still lists
WDAF(AM) as their affiliate here in Kansas City.

For those that don't know, the "61 Country" format has moved over to the
former KCIY(FM) on 106.5. They have changed calls to WDAF-FM.

I should also note as part of the move to FM, the top-of-the-hour newscasts
are at :55, before the ID. Therefore, Paul Harvey is now at 12:00 noon,
rather than the advertised 12:06, and the Rest of the Story is at 5:30.

Eventually, the AM will become sportstalk "61 Sports." Supposedly, the
KMBZ sportstalk staff will move across the hall, although supposedly Soren
Petro doesn't want anything to do with it.

--
Richie Kennedy
· www.route56.com