Old September 7th 03, 08:19 PM
t.hoehler

"Gregg" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me if radio listenership goes up and down seasonally?
Is there one time of year when more people traditionally listen, and
another time of year when less people traditionally listen?

Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Gregg

I would think the summer months would show a greater radio listenership, as
people get off their duffs and spend time outdoors or in their cars
traveling. I wish the group that sponsored the "Who Listens To Radio"
promotion back in the eighties would do it again. It was done with class and
intellegence, a rare combination on broadcast AM and FM today. They even
banded several hundred stations together (probably AM) one weekday morning
to pause all broadcasting for 30 seconds in the middle of the spot. It was
rather a telling moment. I suppose some stats were gathered back then, but
have no idea where to find that data.
Regards,
Tom