Old October 9th 03, 09:28 PM
Ian

I've not heard of this happening and haven't experienced it myself.
My in-home receiver is a Sky Fi in a room next to our kitchen and
reception is perfect, at all times.

Once in a blue moon there will be a little dead air or a dropout of
some kind from XM -- highly unusual though to have ANY kind of
interference. Bet you won't see it regularly.

Have you tried to make it happen again with the microwave?

Ahem ... I may have been a little hasty in blaming the microwave. I ran it
a few times after midnight (when no other sources of interference are likely to
be running, I hope) a few times, and the signal was unaffected.
However, at varying times in the afternoon, 1:30 pm, 3:30 or 4:00 pm
local time the sound "blinks". A second or two of silence, then the
signal returns for a short time before it blinks off again.
This lasts an hour or two, then all is well again. I'm still
monitoring it, trying to establish a pattern of come kind.
--
Ian Ft Worth, TX, USA
change m to r to Reply by email