Old October 29th 03, 05:46 PM
Moonman

This is a great tip! I was primarily interested in talk/news, not music. I
love radio, and I want to get away from right-wing talk on AM. Still, it
doesn't sound like there are very many talk/news stations on Sirius. Do you
(or anyone) have any idea what kind of satellite service would bring me all
those international broadcasters that I seem to remember claim satellite
presence? Or, what about more NPR stations? How can I get those (other than
on my computer, which is too old for that)?

In article , "John A. Figliozzi"
wrote:

I think in reading the comments to date on this subject, it's quite
apparent that it's all in the mind (or ears?) or the beholder. To my
ears (which have admittedly been assaulted by over 35 years of shortwave
listening), the audio quality and signal reliability of each service is
quite similar. The decision for me to go with Sirius rested on the non-
commercial and proprietary nature of their music channels and the
presence of more public radio options (ie: BBC, WRN, two NPR, one PRI and
C-SPAN) including access to more international broadcasters (BBC and
WRN). The $3 differential in monthly charges was no factor and in my
judgement the allocation of channels to differing aspects of the musical
spectrum was a wash between the two.

Quite frankly, I think--especially in light of the terrible state of AM
and FM radio--a listener would be pleased regardless of which service
were chosen. But, as they say, your mileage may vary.

John
Figliozzi

This message was sent using Road Runner's Web-based
e-mail.

--
Moonman