Old November 20th 03, 03:08 PM
Rich Wood

On 20 Nov 2003 06:16:51 GMT, umarc wrote:

I don't do repeaters, but there used to be a network of public radio
stations in New England that relayed "Morning Pro Musica" from one
station to another. The farthest station was 3 or 4 stations down
the chain and sounded pretty grungy, according to what I was told.
But this was 20 years agio, and technology has come a ways since.

I hosted "Morning Pro Musica" with Bill Cavness in the days of of air
networking. Until microwave came in the signal from WGBH, Boston to
WFCR, Amherst, MA was pretty bad. It was known as the Eastern
Educational Radio Network.

Just imagine the quality from stations taking WFCR off the air.

Rich