Old December 16th 03, 04:12 PM
drewdawg

within these hallowed halls videonex of added
the following to the collective concience:
"FAZAMY" wrote in message
I heard a caller to a local fm station claim over the air that he
was listening from out of the area on satellite radio.
1. Is this a widespread situation?
2. Why would a local station uplink to satellite radio?

Evan

There are some local stations being carried full time or in pieces by
XM satellite. KIIS-FM in Los Angeles is one example.

Yea, this is one of the things leaning me to XM. I just moved from LA area
to Delaware and I'm missing SoCal radio :-(

Actually, I think they should switch to KYSR (Star 98.7), better music and
Jamie & Danny in the morning. Then again if they put all the LA stations
from ClearChannel & Infinity I would be in radio heaven. ;-)