Old December 19th 03, 05:55 PM
videonex

"David Eduardo" wrote in message

That said, I do take issue with a statement that most AM stations are on

the
air to hold the license. Most AM stations are on the air to make money.

Not
all do, but many are among America's top billing stations, and those AMs
with decent signals that cover their markets are successful. And many
smaller AMs that have limited coverage have found great success and profit
by serving ethnic communities, minority groups or religious followings.

David,

I always value your opinions and find you one the most sane of the regulars
here. But I did not say that "Most" AMs are only on the air to hold the
license, I said "Many" are. There is a big diff and it is true. What you
said about the successful AMs is also true. I just think that any station
that let's it's quality get that bad is among the ones just holding the
license. If I owned it, it would be in stereo and have the best audio
quality available 24/7. If I couldn't afford to keep it going properly I
would sell it or send the license back to the FCC.