Old December 20th 03, 10:55 PM
Mark Howell

On 20 Dec 2003 06:38:10 GMT, "David Eduardo"
wrote:

We bought a dozen or so average consumer radios, from a walkman to a boom
box to a clock radio, and whatever is in between. On every one, the music in
analog sounds as good as it did before, and switching the IBOC on and off
produced during several days of testing no significant differences on
average radios.

Your experience is precisely the opposite of a 50kw (oldies) music
station with which I am familiar. It turned off the IBOC because of
unacceptable adjacent channel interference issues. To the great
surprise of the PD, who believed as you do that no one would notice
the difference in the analog bandwidth, he immediately began getting
calls from listeners during his airshift saying the sound of the
station had improved greatly, and praising the station for whatever it
had done to make it sound so much better. AFAIK this station has no
immediate plans to resume testing of IBOC.

I personally have heard this station with IBOC operating and found the
analog signal nearly unlistenable on a narrow-band standard GM car
radio.

Mark Howell