Old December 21st 03, 06:16 AM
Sven Franklyn Weil

In article , Larry W4CSC wrote:
I listen to a 4 minute snippet of some talking head on news/talk, then
when the 8 minutes of spots comes on I turn it back off and go back to

That is a good question for the radio programmers on this newsgroup.

Why is the spotload so heavy? Breaks on talk stations like WABC used
to be three or four commercials. Now it's more.

All news WCBS used to tout that it only played one commercial at a
time between news capsules. Now they sometimes play two.

WINS sometimes plays three in a row when they used to do one or two
spots about 8 years ago (pre all this consolidation).

Infinity some years back made all their stations up the spot loads.

Ditto, why cluster all the spots in 10 minute sweeps twice an hour
instead of breaking them up into frequent two or three minute breaks
so it SEEMS like less commercials are being played?

--
Sven Weil
New York City, U.S.A.