Old December 24th 03, 09:07 PM
David Eduardo

"Jeremy Powell" wrote in message

"Sven Franklyn Weil" wrote in message
P.S.: Why did Clear Channel flip AM 1260 from CNN-Radio News to Fox
Sports?

Now they have two all-sports statios with the same name: SportsTalk

1260
(WWRC) and SportsTalk 98 (WTEM). Both licenced to the same city and
serving the same market with the same format. Way to dilute your brand
guys!!! Or is there something I'm missing here?

I'm convinced that Clear Channel has no idea what to do with 1260; they
gobbled it up when they bought Chancellor, flipped it from nostalgia to
business, then to CNN and now to Fox Sports.

Nobody knows what to do with it. It has miserable coverage. As far back as
1970, the baseball games had to be simulcast on WEZR to cover the VA
suburbs, since e ven daytime, 1260 has no signal out there.