Old December 25th 03, 03:33 AM
Scott Dorsey

Jeremy Powell wrote:

Yeah - WTOP's AM pattern must have kept some engineer awake at night with
worry. I can't recall who they protect to the west (perhaps an Ohio
station, I can' recall), but the western suburbs really suffer. Bonneville
did a good thing by adding WTOP-FM and WXTR to the "network".

But, the AM comes in five over S9 here in Williamsburg. I always tune in
before driving up to DC to check on the traffic... I keep the signal until
north of Richmond for a while, then it picks up about an hour later and
comes in well. It's fine on the eastern side of the beltway, but on the
western side it disappears, and right near the confluence of 95 and 395
there is a Japanese language station on 1480 that causes severe second adjacent
channel interference as you drive by.
--scott