Old December 27th 03, 09:09 PM
Sven Franklyn Weil

In article , David Eduardo wrote:
than 2,000 of those radios. Who would buy a very expensive portable radio

Most of the AM radios I encounter are 10 dollar no-brand (or one shot
brand) portables that you're lucky if they can pick up three of the
stronger stations in your market all across the dial. Hell, I saw one
in a store that was only able to pick up one station no matter how
much I turned the tuning dial -- it was AM 66 WFAN all the way from
5.4 to 16 and nothing else.

Yes I hear the hiss and crap on my Superadio and on a lot of other
hi-fi radios I have in the house... but let's get real...who aside
from us radio geeks listens to AM on something like that? Most people
are just using a cheapie clock radio for news in the morning (if that)
-- car radio for news on the commute and maybe the odd ball game.

And before you think I like IBOC, I am actually gunning for its
failure. I hate it. It makes my radios sound like garbage during the
day.

But if doesn't fail (and it won't)...hey guess what...that's why I
have a little 100 milliwatt part 15 rig set up to re-lay the Music
Choice channels on my cable TV for my apartment.

--
Sven Weil
New York City, U.S.A.