Old December 29th 03, 04:20 PM
Lincoln J. King-Cliby

Mike Ward wrote in message ...
snip
* Christmas Day is a very, very, very low listening day for AM
news/talk stations. When you're out with the family, exchanging
presents, doing all those Christmas things...listening to
issue-oriented talk is perhaps the last thing you want to do. I'm a
news/talk junkie, and even *I* am not really "in the mood" for it on
Christmas Day. There's not usually a lot going on in the world aside
from Christmas-related "news", so it's almost not worth bothering.

snip

I was driving from my home in Temecula, CA to visit family in the
Central Valley and listened to KNX (You can only get KFMB(FM) for so
far, and my KIIS(FM) tolerances aren't what they were a few years
back...) on Christmas day, and I was a bit suprised... I was expecting
some tape/automation, but it seemed entirely live
(news/traffic/weather) with fairly framiliar voices, but then at 13:00
+/- an hour or so they went to a two hour "highlights of the moon
landing" thing that was quite enjoyable -- even though the landing was
15 years before I was born.

Unfourtinately, I lost KNX at the top of the grapevine, so I missed
the last :45 or so ... if there's a copy somewhere on the web, I would
appreciate a pointer (Preferred email: abuse _at_ lincoln _dot_ homeip
_dot_ net)

Happy Holidays!

Lincoln