Old December 29th 03, 09:56 PM
Sven Franklyn Weil

In article , David Eduardo wrote:

There are 700 million radios out there; most all of them have crummy AM
response.

Tell me about it. ALthough those of us with the occasional hi-fi AM radio
would like to hear something resembling hi-fi. And it wouldn't be all
that out of the way for the broadcaster to do.

I thought the whole idea was to put out the best audio quality you could
to make the crappy radios sound the best they can. I still don't see how
IBOC helps the ANALOG signal.

It's funny...that to listen to AM I now have to look for the crappiest
radio I have instead of the best radio so that I don't hear the hiss, the
clipping and the hash if the radio drifts out of tune...

--
Sven Weil
New York City, U.S.A.