Old January 1st 04, 05:30 PM
Charles Hobbs

David Eduardo wrote:

There is no Cuban station on 530. Never has been. There is very little live
music on Cuban stations any more.

I used to hear mostly music on 640 out of Havana (CMQ?)

However, the last time I was anywhere near Cuba (Puerto Rico in late
2001), I couldn't hear anything from Cuba, on any frequency. Not even
a Radio Reloj clock tick....(Venezuela, on the other hand....)

or tune to 4VEH for musique Zouk.

4VEH is a very hard catch, and is mostly religious. It has not been an easy
DX for 2 decades since it moved off of 1035 and reduced power.

I have a 4VEH QSL, back from 1979 (of course this was when they were
on shortwave). Mostly block religious programming from the States, if
I recall correctly (and no, I didn't hear Haiti on MW from P.R. either)