Old March 6th 04, 07:34 PM
Richard Clark

On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 18:45:48 +0000 (UTC), "Reg Edwards"
wrote:

A TALE OF TWO OLD WIVES

There are two cantankerous old wives:

One old wife asserts it is obvious radiation occurs mainly from the middle
portion of a dipole because that's where the current is strongest and the
magnetic field is most concentrated.

The other old wife asserts it is obvious radiation occurs mainly from the
ends of a dipole because that's where the highest voltages occur and the
electric field is most intense.

Then there is our THIRD OLD WIFE who sitting at her kitchen table
looking out the window at the first two, takes notes of their
argument, sets them aside and returns to measuring mud's recuperative
powers and bottling it as a nostrum at the next fair.

What is the Q of her mud?

When the early English author, Samuel Richardson, wrote his ground
breaking novel "Pamela, or Virtue Rewarded" it was met immediately by
Henry Fielding's sardonic "Shamela." Fielding was responding to the
arrogance of the subtitles in that first work: "Aggressive Chastity"
and "Provocative Prudence"; dare I point out the parallels (non
resonant) that attract me to these current ironies?

73's,
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

p.s. for those who take umbrage at favourable quotation of eminent
British authors (oddly enough, Brits), please note this missive has
been sprinkled with on-topic references of: ground[breaking],
Field[ing], parallel[s], resonant, current and one technical enquiry
for Q that will no doubt be ignored in favor of off-topic
condemnations of these sources. ;-)