Old January 8th 04, 03:21 PM
David

Who wants to listen to those crappy stations?

XM and Sirius are both launching traffic reports next month.

I am in the media. No one has ever questioned the appropriateness of
me having a mobile receiver. In fact, I can easily justify it with
any peace officer by telling the story of a deputy who bled to death
when his gun went off by accident and he severed a leg artery. His
partner did not know the groin pressure point and the man bled to
death.

Had a scanner user with first aid training been nearby that deputy
would still be alive.

On 3 Jan 2004 17:21:49 GMT, Rich Wood wrote:

On 2 Jan 2004 17:41:53 GMT, David wrote:

I listen to Metro Traffic, 455.95 mHz on my Beartrackers.

Hmm. As I recall scanners are illegal in cars in many states, several
surrounding New York. We know you wouldn't want to commit a crime, so
you'll remove it, I'm sure.

If you have a Ham license, you're exempted.

I'm not sure why you'd do that since it's available on nearly every
station in the city.

Rich