Old January 12th 04, 05:43 PM
Scott Dorsey

In article , Someone wrote:
"Al Dykes" wrote in message

When did [the president's weekly radio address] become a
regular thing and how is it done ?

I think it began with "Red Ink" Reagan. As for how it's done,
they probably use a microphone and a script. I suspect the
scripts that The Fraud reads are written phonetically.

Used to be, we would call the White House Actuality Line every
afternoon on the phone, and tape whatever nice sound bites were available
that day for broadcast, also. I think that got shut down when Clinton
came into office, and I kind of miss it. I do remember it being available
for Bush I.

Our news guys were slowly patching together various Reagan newsbites into
a very amusing splice job.
--scott