Old January 17th 05, 03:59 PM

Default Alinco DR 590 modifications?????

As many of you know I am fairly new to ham and got a radio to use as a
base station this weekend. It is an ALinco dr 590. The guy told me it
had been modified to receive and transmit on extended frequercncies
even cellular.

I do not intend or want to transmitt illegally but it would be nice to
recieve the local police and aircraft if possible. When I plugged it up
I could get the frequency of my local police at 452 mhz but did not
have an antenna to see if I could hear anything or not. The vhf goes
from 130-174 I think. The uhf displays to 500 mhz. How can I tell if
this radio has been modified easily?

Also I thought cellular was 800 - 900 mhz. I could not get it to
display that.

As a last note does anyone know how I can find online a free manual for
htis book? I have looked but only been able to find the service manual.
Thanks again!