Old February 2nd 04, 05:15 PM
Ty Ford

In Article , Laurence Payne
wrote:
On 1 Feb 2004 22:46:37 GMT, Kurt Albershardt wrote:

Out of curiosity, does anyone know of a realtime realaudio converter?

Converting from what to what?

From a realaudio stream to something you can store, I imagine :-)

If you can hear it, you can record it. Run some program that records
a wav while playing the realaudio stream. If you've set up the right
Record source in your soundcard's mixer (probably found in the system
tray), you'll get a recording.

Windows\ Audio recorder will do. there are many more elegant
programs, from freeware upwards.

No from live audio, say at a conference, to realAudio soyou can stream live
to the web?

I know there are hardware codecs for some formats that do realtime
conversion (minus latency), but is there a software or harware codec that
ctakes live audio and converts it in realtime to the RealAudio format?

Regards,

Ty Ford
**Until the worm goes away, I have put "not" in front of my email address.
Please remove it if you want to email me directly.
For Ty Ford V/O demos, audio services and equipment reviews,
click on http://www.jagunet.com/~tford