Old February 14th 04, 01:13 AM
Steve Sundberg

On 13 Feb 2004 19:11:11 GMT, (Peter) wrote:

Does anyone have any information on FCC rules and regulations
regarding retention of log times for advertisements? My company ran
ads on several stations last year and we now need to verify the log
times (what were the exact times and dates that they aired?) for those
ads. Are radio stations required to keep such records? If so, how long
are they required to keep them? Any help would be GREATLY
appreciated!!

The station I work for keeps program logs for three years and
transmitter logs for five years.

However, it's very common practice these days for invoices to include
spot play dates and times. Doublecheck to make sure your invoice
doesn't already give you that information.