Old February 14th 04, 05:44 PM
Bob Haberkost

Broadcast operations, despite relaxation of the requirement to do so, would do well
to keep their logs for at least the term of license, plus 3 years.
With license terms up around, what, 7 years now, this is certainly an onerous
undertaking, but the stations which do certainly have an advantage
over those like this one who are having an awful time of it trying to find the
support necessary.

Seeing as so many continuity logs are kept electronically, now, I don't see what the
trouble is. And if the station in question hasn't invested the
expense to store them electronically, this is when a lot of learning occurs. Good
records are everything in a broadcast operation....having them usually
satisfies all sort of questions posed by a visiting Field Officer, even if what's
been alleged is true.

But now I see that the inquiry relates to a client-station relationship....good luck,
because as I recall, there are no explicit log requirements now, seeing as there are
no limits for commercial time, no minimums for news, no nothing. If you have a
station which actually keeps and stores logs, then you've been lucky.

-- For direct replies, take out the contents between the hyphens. -Really!-

"RadioGal12" wrote in message ...
Radio stations usually keep commercial logs for at least a year.

I have to admit that your search will be costly in terms of hours, though. Did
you receive invoices with the times on them?