Old February 17th 04, 12:46 AM
Eddie Haskel

You don't have a "traffic" dept? (Traffic as in scheduling spots).
"Peter" wrote in message
Well, I researched the FCC web site and discovered that logs are
required to be kept for 2 years, but only for tower outages, when the
call letters are announced and the time and sponsor of each "program",
whatever that means. It seems like the stations do keep logs of
advertisement log times, but my problem is that we bought the ads
through a 3rd party and we're trying to verify the log times that the
3rd party gave us, because we don't believe them. Unfortunately, if
the ads weren't bought directly from the station, they don't keep log
times or sponsor names. Sucks to be me.

ospam (Sid Schweiger) wrote in message

Does anyone have any information on FCC rules and regulations regarding

retention of log times for advertisements?

Logs of commercials are not required to be kept.

From what I understand, the FCC doesn't even require a station to have

logs at
all.

Incorrect. Logs must be kept for: