Old February 20th 04, 07:01 PM
Ben

WKRN really does have a nice signal. So much better than the analog
with all it's co-channel.

I don't think BKO will ever go for a bigger stick. They never have
been on the cutting edge and they seem to be happy with covering the
surrounding counties. They have 4 antennas on the tower now with 13
and 24 both on it.

I spoke with 40's GM a little while back and he talked of a new tower
and an actual studio but it hasn't happened. I did turn the antenna
around and see the DT signal but it didn't impress me so it was back
to WSMV...I'm just glad the signal on 10 is so good up here.

KET is running 4 channels. Too bad we can't see the PBS HD stuff.
Wonder when 8 will turn on a transmitter?

What's the deal with the Sinclair stations? They looked bad enough
before DT but now they look like pixalated mush.

Ben
W4WSM

I've been impressed with our DTV. It does a pretty good job. WKRN's
does a darned good job too. I think something's broken with WTVF-DT,
they don't do anywhere near as well as their analog. (nor anywhere near
as well as WKRN-DT)

Funny thing I'm just like 2 or 3 miles from the local ABC and can't
receive it with the antenna pointing right at the tower but I can get
Channel 2's signal I'm guessing almost 65 or more miles away full
copy. Must be multipath...

Probably, WBKO'd do a lot better if they'd splurge for a bigger tower...
(do it cooperatively with channel 40, they both could use the help...
of course, WSMV is better off with channel 40 having a wimpy signalgrin)

I've seen WBKO-DT here, but only once and during a big tropo opening.
The KETs (which aren't all that powerful) are far more frequently seen.