Old March 8th 04, 02:19 PM
John Passaneau

The really big DXers have more than 1 beam on the tower and they feed them
stacked or singly to favorer the distance wish to work.
I have a height limit here of 40' and my antenna works OK, 271 confirmed,
but I wish it could be another 10' higher. I think it would work a bit
better. Remember if SWR and SWR bandwidth is important to you, then height
above ground is important. Check and see if the antenna your using specifies
a minimum height, mine did.

--
John Passaneau, W3JXP
Penn State University

"Mikey" wrote in message
Depends on what you want to do on 20, Bill. "Normal" 20M ops can get away
with 50-70 ft.; DXers usually demand 70 ft. minimum. Now, here's the
kicker: it's not 70 ft. above the earth; it's 70 ft. above *ground
reflection*. Where's your water table? How about local rooftops, and

other
ground clutter? Aw, heck, just put it up 100 ft., and you won't have to
worry about it!!

73,
Mike KI6PR
El Rancho R.F.,CA

"Bill Grimwood" wrote in message
How high does a 20 meter yaga need to be. will 50 feet be enough or do

need 70?

Any recomendations on a foldover tower that I will not have to climb so

can service tha antenna and rotor?

73

W4WEG