Old March 8th 04, 02:39 PM
Toni - EA3FYA

Default "pneumatic-traps" dipole

Hi,

For various reasons I am considering building a trapped dipole
without traps. Well, not really. I would use pneumatical
(compressed-air) switches in place of the traps.

What I don't know is if the switches rated for 16A 250V AC will
stand the voltage at the edge of the antenna when open. Power
would be 100W, but I wouldn't mind reducing to 50W or even 25W if
that would make the switches work. Of course I would always
operate the switches without RF on the antenna. I know normal
voltages an antenna edges are much higher, but I also think that
250V working voltage probably means much higher isolation
voltage. Just don't know how much more.

Thanks for answers / ideas.

Toni - EA3FYA