Old March 4th 04, 08:42 PM
Mike Ward

On 4 Mar 2004 16:16:46 GMT, (Jeff Strieble)
wrote:

The AM station also
does not cover the entire Greater Cleveland listening area by virtue
of a 500-watt signal which is knocked down to 42 watts, directional,
at night, whereas WMJI can be heard loud and clear, in stereo, from
Ashtabula to the east to possibly beyond Cleveland's west side to the
west, and to Akron to the south). I live about 35 miles northeast of
Cleveland and can hear WMJI extremely well on every FM radio in my
apartment, so the new owners may have improved the station's signal
somewhat since its NBC days.

Take a look at this map:

http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin...atus=L&hours=U

Again, as usual, Radio-Locator maps are for "entertainment purposes
only", but this is a reasonable approximation of WMJI's coverage area.
To the south...I'm in Akron, and WMJI is a local signal. Last time I
drove down 77, I think I started losing them a few miles south of
Canton, and they were shaky/non-listenable by the time I hit Dover/New
Philadelphia.

WMJI's tower, like most Cleveland FMs, is in Parma. It's a class B.

Mike