Old March 5th 04, 03:44 PM
Larry W4CSC

Get Total Recorder from www.highcriteria.com for the princely sum of
$12. It'll even create your MP3 for you on-the-fly, ready for playing
on any MP3 player in any speed you can think of.

Total Recorder is like a proxy server for your sound card. Any
software that sends data to the soundcard can be easily ripped to a
file. It also works the other way. Audio sources plugged into your
soundcard, converted by the soundcard to wav are also ripped.

Because the soundcard must have unencrypted wav audio, there's no
hacking around it. I listen to my favorite BBC programmes in my car
on my Archos hard drive MP3 player, here. Works great!

UPgrades for life are free with your princely $12 subscription.
They'll email you when there's an upgrade. It does a lot of more
things since I first bought it....(c;

On 30 Jan 2004 22:28:40 GMT, (Rob) wrote:

I am trying to record some Real Media Streams from the KQED archive so
that I can listen to it in my car when driving home. Here is a link to
one such stream:

http://www.kqed.org/.stream/real/rad...a-forum.rm.ram

When put this link into my webbrowser it loads up the Real Media
Player and streams the show. Now I tried to capture this show with
NetTransport by setting the URL to that address. Unfortunately, it
downloads not the right thing but only some file with the size of 210
bytes.

How can I capture this stream? What other free software is out there
that can record Real Media Streams?

Thanks a lot,

Rob

Larry W4CSC

No, no, Scotty! I said, "Beam me a wrench.", not a WENCH!
Kirk Out.....