Old March 9th 04, 03:30 AM
Bob Haberkost

I don't use the google interface (which I'd think would have been pretty obvious).
I'm just saying that there are undoubtedly many who do, and the limitations that the
interface presents should be considered (or are these features for the convenience of
these users? It's a judgement call).

Besides, hanging on to one method in changing times could be a real impediment to
advancing your own future. Topposting puts the new material where most readers,
albeit not the best ones, will be presented to the user, and what's wrong with that?
It's much more inconvenient to have to scroll down, or in the case of the google
interface, click to the entire document, to find the added comments, especially if
another bane to an active newsgroup, the unedited content of the thread before it,
remains.

I'm not going to get into a "my newsreader is better than yours is" debate. If the
means existed to impose standards on the various clients out there, then there'd be
incentive to make non-compliant clients tow the line. In the meantime, I think it's
a losing battle, much like the Beta/VHS wars in the 80s. I have enough stress in my
life without having to worry if I'll be banished for not using what could be
considered obsolete ettiquette.

And that's all I have to say about that.
--
For direct replies, take out the contents between the hyphens. -Really!-

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message ...
Bob Haberkost wrote:
Topposting works for me, and no doubt the fairly significant number of
readers who use the google interface, with that fairly annoying habit of
putting the end of any excessively-long message behind the preview when
viewing the thread. I know, I know...that's not what newsgroup ettiquette
demands, but times change, eh?

You might want to consider using a newsreading system that actually works,
rather than the google interface. Honestly, once you try a conventional
newsreader, you won't go back.
--scott