Old March 9th 04, 04:46 PM
Larry W4CSC

On 7 Mar 2004 16:47:17 GMT, CA was in NJ
SHOT_ON_SIGHT
wrote:

Larry W4CSC wrote:

Total Recorder is like a proxy server for your sound card. Any
software that sends data to the soundcard can be easily ripped to a
file.

Can this "Total Recorder" truly Rip? That is, does it intercept the digital
data going to the sound card?

Yes. I use Total Recorder to rip BBC programmes to MP3s on-the-fly
all the time. BBC's players are java-downloaded media players in
webpages.....but, alas, to hear them they MUST send wav data to the
soundcard, through the Total Recorder proxy engine, which acts like a
T in a pipe.....(c;

A 700MB CDR will play 10-12 hours of BBC Radio (insert number here) if
you just let it run. Why do you think the copyright moguls are so
intent on making it illegal to broadcast over any internet radio
station?.....(c;

Great buy at so cheap a price.....with lifetime free upgrades, too!
Every time Total Recorder comes out with a new version, I get an email
to go get it on my license.

Larry W4CSC
POWER is our friend!