Old March 17th 04, 04:14 PM
t.hoehler

"Peter" wrote in message
Are there any companies out there which basically do the same thing
Arbitron does? Does Arbitron have any competitors?

There used to be a company, _ Pulse Incorporated _ back in the sixties and
seventies that produced a book here in Louisville. I don't know whether they
are around anymore. I do know that their ratings and Arbitron's were always
being compared by the two local r&r stations, WAKY and WKLO. Oh God, what
ratings games they played! It was FUN top 40 radio back then. Louisville was
a break out market and with two stations vying for those teen and YA bucks,
we heard new music weeks before they were playing it on other stations.
/regards,
Tom