Old March 8th 04, 05:20 PM
aunwin

I have often stated that I suffer from Manic Depression and some other
defects and yes some have made fun of it.
But I do not work at a post office and do not carry a gun with me at all
times for when I get angry. And yes I do try to control
manic thoughts. I did not choose the illnes but I have chosen to live with
it the best I can. It is for that reason I decided to focus on
antennas as a way of removing myself from a bed. Yes it was very hard to
concentrate and learn especially when reading Field and Wave books but now I
can atleast venture outside and play with antennas. Now you have a fresh
bunch of information to ridicule,
have at it.

"'Doc" wrote in message ...

Richard,
Art doesn't dislike 'Brits', in fact he identifies with
them! Art does seem to have an adversion to people who
have had a formal education, (you can 'see' that from his
seeming allergy to anything out of books). I don't think
that Art realizes that it would be impossible for an average
person to learn the present knowledge base of electronics
(or most any field) by experimentation, the average person
wouldn't live long enough. Reading 'those' books is a
necessity, not an option.
I also think, from just observing Arts attitudes from his
postings, that Art has a 'problem' of a physical nature. His
attitude changes periodically, and that period is fairly
rhythmic. That's not a 'put down', I'm not making fun of Art.
It is an easily verified observation, based on over 20 years
of experience in a 'sort of' related job where I had to deal
with similar people. I'm saying this with honest and well
meaning intentions in the hopes that Art will do something
about it, if possible. And that's it. I won't make any more
comments about Art...
'Doc

PS - And just as a reminder, the "Doc" has no formal meaning,
it's just a nick name.