Old April 13th 04, 11:48 PM
LW

"Corbin Ray" wrote ...

Remember what happened to WOWO, 50,000-watt blowtorch from Fort Wayne that
covered 38 states and half of Canada?

Remember it well. Before FM played rock, night time AM was all we had.
WKBW / 1510 / Buffalo - Tom Shannon and others.
WABC / 770 / NYC / Cousin Brucie.
WOWO - Ft. Wayne
WLS - Chicago
CKLW / 800 / Somewhere in Canada - came on when our local 800 left the air.
WWVA / 1170 / Wheeling - had to love those pre-profit Stair preachers.

Wanna go waaaaayyyyy back?
WCKY / Cincinnati One, Ohio .. Wayne Rainey and the Rainey Family.

I miss 'em all. :-(

[ Moderator's note: CKLW is in Windsor, Ontario, across the river from
Detroit. They are still on the air and you can visit their website at
http://www.am800cklw.com/ . CKLW-FM 93.9 flipped formats from Oldies to
Adult Album Alternative a number of years ago and became CIDR, 93.9 The River.
When I left that part of the country last year they'd flipped again, to some
sort of Soft Rock format. ]