Old April 14th 04, 06:29 AM
Mark Roberts

David Eduardo had written:

| "Corbin Ray" wrote in message
| I don't care who owns WLIB. But I will never forgive them for killing one
| of
| the best radio stations in middle America. Remember what happened to WOWO,
| 50,000-watt blowtorch from Fort Wayne that covered 38 states and half of
| Canada?
|
| First, WOWO did not cover 38 states.
|
| There were, at the time of the facilities changes on WOWO, stations with
| night operations in Kansas City, Anaheim, CA, Portland, OR (50 kw KEX), San
| Juan, PR and Dallas, TX.

Ah, the good old days. There was quite a spirited debate in rrb at
the time. As someone who lived in Kansas City at the time, and who
was well aware of what was then KFEZ, I felt it wasn't quite
the crime against humanity that some made it out to be.

At one time, the 1190 in Boulder, CO also had nighttime service with
a DA, but that was given up sometime in the mid 1990s. There was a
about a year in Kansas City when KFEZ was off the air after getting
struck by lightning *during* a thunderstorm in 1990. 1190 was a very
quiet spot on the dial most nights during that time -- or there was
a very low level hash.

--
Mark Roberts | "If it weren't for stupid people, there wouldn't be news."
Oakland, Cal.| -- me, in tvbarn2, to which Tom Heald responded -- "or sports...