Old April 14th 04, 06:29 AM
David Eduardo

"Ted Shireman" wrote in message
pamthis (Sid Schweiger) wrote in message
The only "hypocritical and desperate" thing about the linked article is
its
author, who is severely put upon because one program on WLIB got kicked
out by
Air America.

As far as I know, WLIB's ENTIRE SCHEDULE was displaced by AA.

Another so-called journalist of the open-mouth-insert-foot school.

A small sidelite on AA. They have evidenly obtained a lease on time
from KBLA, 50 kw DA-2 on 1580 kHz. That station is dual licensed to
Santa Monica and L.A.

Actually, it is only licensed to Santa Monica. It does not put enough signal
over LA day and night to be an LA station.

and puts a tremendous signal in that area,

Actually, it only covers part of LA by day, and very little of it at night.
At night, a flashlight-thin lobe heads from Alvarado and the 101 fwy towards
Santa Mónica and the ocean.

but
out here 11 mi east of the transmitter in the San Gabriel Valley I
can't hear it on any radio in my house day or night and at night it's
lost in the mud on the 210 fwy in East Pasadena==Ted Shireman

Which is how it was designed.