Old April 14th 04, 03:43 PM
Peter Tate

Interesting this is to me Phil!!!!

See in this part of the world WE (Australia) are largely on our own!!! By
this I mean the size of this place is mind blowing to most European people.
Driving from one side of the country to the other is measured in WEEKS not
hours.

Also in a "broad" sence we are as far away from the technologicaly developed
countries as you can get without coming back closer. Plus we "almost are"
the only ones in the race for the southern hemisphere. Over your way the
SKIP potential would be more pronounced. Thus causing the authorities to
think the way they do. I got it here when asking for a HF Domestic license
on the 2368.5 KHZ.

We tolerate the night time extension in coverage given the d layer. As you
know the groundwave is not too favourable so I was asked a lot of suss
questions for wanting one.

Here the "general idea" is everything needs to be big to cover enough area
to get a workable audience size. So anything that reduces the effective
coverage area is not liked too much with the engineering people.

Also I've bookmarked your site. I'm on the hunt for gear to set up the
licenses i have.

Regards

Peter

PS AWA = Amalgmated Wireless Australia (I think-----yes local fellas) Also
R.M.E. =Radio Manufacturing Enigineers (Local fellas too---not sure if still
around)