Old April 14th 04, 07:33 PM
Peter H.

WOWO does have an application for 15 kw nights with a 4 tower DA under its new
owners which should restore them to the old I-B status.

No.

That 4-tower DA is intended to further restrict WOWO's pattern, not to increase
it, so that Salem may go unlimited time at its Atlanta station (although there
are other problems besides WOWO which will impact Salem's plans).

I believe Salem is paying for the new DA, which will be expensive.

So, should this 4-tower DA ever be constructed, WOWO may well be above the 10
kW minimum for Class A status, but it wouldn't automatically be a Class A
unless and until it could prove it actually had a protected secondary service
area, which it won't because of WLIB and Kansas City, and Canada accepted the
new pattern.

So far, there has not been a case of a significant change in a Class A pattern
which was accepted by Canada, save for WSAI/1530, and in order for WSAI to
implement that change, protection had to be added to 1520 (WWKB) and to 1540
(ZNS-1) as well as to its intended purpose ... increasing the radiation over
Cincinnati.

Well, add WBBR to that list as well.

Canada has a Class A priority on 1130, but not on 1530 nor on 1190.

Nevertheless, Canada is the rate-limiting function here, because of its many
"notified" Class Bs.