Old April 15th 04, 02:19 AM
Philip de Cadenet

Interesting this is to me Phil!!!!

Snip

I got it here when asking for a HF Domestic license
on the 2368.5 KHZ.

We tolerate the night time extension in coverage given the d layer. As you
know the groundwave is not too favourable so I was asked a lot of suss
questions for wanting one.

Here the "general idea" is everything needs to be big to cover enough area
to get a workable audience size. So anything that reduces the effective
coverage area is not liked too much with the engineering people.

Also I've bookmarked your site. I'm on the hunt for gear to set up the
licenses i have.

OK, so do you intend to broadcast with AM on the above frequency?

Musical format, maybe some non copyrighted stuff so no copyright fees?

Had a colleague succeed attaining a UK T & D (Testing and Development)
license for somewhere around your frequency. This was to carry out some
antenna development work. Or at least that was his story!

Played I do believe some old jazz from the 50's which was not copyright.

Now a nice Franklin antenna would do you well for some serious ground
wave coverage. I wonder how tall that baby would be on 2368KHz.

Now I've talked to Aus from my mobile ham station on numerous occasions
on 160m (1.8-2MHz) albeit on SSB.

If your frequency is clear here in the UK there's no reason you could
not be received here under favourable conditions early in the morning.

I searched in vain for both the Aus companies!

I'd be interested therefore what equipment you'll use and if it has to
meet any type approval spec.

there's just not many manufacturers out there who offer broadcast
transmitters that go as low as 2MHz.

Rhode & Schwarz, but don't ask the price.

Contact Brian Blythe in New Zealand:

http://www.blyth.co.nz/index.html

I'm sure you know of his fine medium wave rigs.

I'm his Euro distributor as you'll see.

He may be able to move one of his boxes down there!

I'm afraid it's pretty much impossible for the 'small guy' to get into
station ownership here in the UK.

It's for that reason I'm looking to invest in another US 'small-town' AM
or AM/FM combo though the fed's allow only a max of 20% station
ownership by foreigners.

Hope I'm not boring you to death. We can take this off list if it's
upsetting anyone.
--
Philip de Cadenet G4ZOW
Transmitters 'R' Us