Old April 16th 04, 11:39 PM
John Higdon

In article ,
"Bob Haberkost" wrote:

You people who always slag the Texars....it's pretty obvious that you don't
know how to use them.

Oh, please.

In the times when I used Texars, in just this sort of configuration, it was
little trouble to have the LOUDEST signal on the dial (with no overmod) yet
sound so much like the source that it was virtually impossible to
differentiate between the source and the air product.

Yes, I've heard that one before. Unfortunately, the sound of the
stations don't ever seem to back them up.

Before the Texar was
the big rage it was in the mid 80's, it was virtually a secret weapon in the
processor wars that were running in Pittsburgh....although it's worth noting
that most of my competition had them, too...they just couldn't make them
sound as good.

Is that why stations sounded so bad on the east coast back then? Thanks
for clearing that up.

Computers are pretty worthless tools when one doesn't know how to use them,
either.

That doesn't mean Texars aren't crap.

--
John Higdon | Email Address Valid | SF: +1 415 428-COWS
+1 408 264 4115 | Anytown, USA | FAX: +1 408 264 4407