Old April 17th 04, 05:05 PM
John Higdon

In article ,
"Bob Haberkost" wrote:

It's good to see that the unfettered ego is still alive in audio processing.
While you're right...the east coast and Pittsburgh, in particular, sounded
like crap...still does, for that matter. But one station did stand out for
quality and loudness...mine.

Ego?

You don't have to believe me, and I have
nothing that requires that you do. But...if you want to believe that your
inadequate skills have no relationship to your inability to get an audio
processing chain to sound decent and loud with as little discernable
tradeoff, it's no skin off my nose.

And you don't know me, you don't know what stations I maintain, you
don't know my history and involvement with audio processing, FCC
rulemaking, or technical innovation. You have never heard or seen my
work, unless you have visited the San Francisco area. And even then, you
don't know which stations represent my efforts. Yet, you have no problem
assessing my skill level when it comes to broadcast audio. You presume
much.

Just because you can't make them sound good, doesn't make them crap, either.
Just admit that you don't know how to make them sound good, since others
have no trouble showing that it's not impossible to do.

Unlike you, I'm not going to brag about how my stations sound. I don't
have an inferiority complex that requires self-promotion, nor do I need
to resort to personal attacks to make my points.

I've given you my assessment of Texars. Take it or leave it. Apparently,
at least more than a few others agree since you won't find very many on
the air at major-market stations.

I'll leave it at that.

--
John Higdon | Email Address Valid | SF: +1 415 428-COWS
+1 408 264 4115 | Anytown, USA | FAX: +1 408 264 4407