Old April 19th 04, 03:18 PM
Robert Zachrisson

I don't get it, but then I think the whole loudness war thing is silly
anyway.

On that, we can agree fully.

Thanks all for the comments.
I just wanted info on the Texar not to start a war )

In my opinion, the urge to process sound makes sense.

Increasing the average audio level (but keeping the maximum constant)
will increase signal to noise ratio, and the perceived loudness,
whether it's for recording, AM or FM transmitting.

As allways there are 2 sides to a coin, in this case the drawback is
listening fattigue due to decreased dynamics and increased distorsion.

In short we make sure we use our recources fully.
Some don't settle for less then maximum all the time, while others
realise that there is a backside to it, and makes a more balanced
setting.

But as the technology matures, most of the gains are allready made and
further advances takes huge efforts and gives only small advances.

At this moment, all cind of metaphysical terms and decription starts
to florish, and I stop listening and turns my attension elsewhere.