Old April 19th 04, 03:18 PM
John Higdon

In article ,
"Bob Haberkost" wrote:

I made no presumptions on your skills...you did. You stated that Texars
were,
basically, crap, due to the fact that you couldn't make them do what you
wanted.
Then you blamed the device, figuring that it couldn't be you.

I've never used, or tried to use a Texar. My conclusions about Texars
are based on the results obtained by others in this market.

All I was saying is that it wasn't the device. So it must be you.

I had nothing to do with it. But I'm not willing to believe that a dozen
engineers in the SFBA are incompetent. You can make that assertion if
you like, but I'd like to see you back it up. More than a dozen stations
tried Texar; every one yanked them off.

But I have no need for self-promotion. I don't so this anymore, because
there's no
money in it, nor creativity, nor sole.

Only if you are mediocre and uninspired. I'm making a fine living in
broadcast engineering, and I'm enjoying the challenges. Don't blame an
entire industry for your own inadequacies.

And one of the reasons why is
because, as was
noted elsewhere, PDs think that their "signature sound" is actually what the
audience
wants. I know better. And I quit.

I know that as well. However, I have managed to influence the stations
under my charge to adopt reasonable approaches to their audio processing.

I guess it is all a matter of individual ability and fortitude. Sorry
you couldn't cut it.

--
John Higdon | Email Address Valid | SF: +1 415 428-COWS
+1 408 264 4115 | Anytown, USA | FAX: +1 408 264 4407