Old April 23rd 04, 03:48 PM
Silas Grunch

Aside from being listened to for any historical value, be it a major story,
down to, "Hey, I used to work with that guy!", there is no value of re
running a newscast, especially given how many 'networks' run 5 minute
newscasts.

Then again, you might be listening to the AP all news network, which when we
ran it,
often used the same copy from a story in consecutive hours.

"Rich Wood" wrote in message
On 21 Apr 2004 21:42:49 GMT, (George Carden) wrote:

What is the typical network/affiliate requirement regarding this?
What do networks do to stations who re-air old newscasts? I can't
imagine they would be very happy about it. What's the usual contract
regarding this? Do the biggie networks legally penalize affiliates
who do this?

Most networks only care that their commercials be run as contracted.
The other terms of the contracts generally deal with where the
material can be used.

They want to know if you're simulcasting so they can claim the
additional audience. They want to be sure the material isn't
duplicated in the market. Other than running an out of date
commercial, the network is unlikely to penalize anyone unless it
causes them to appear to be out of date. Stations that rerun newscasts
are, generally, not worth bothering with.

Rich