Old April 27th 04, 03:29 PM
Bob Haberkost

It's been a long time, but I seem to recall, when I did KDKA's first stereo
audio proof of performance (with Kahn's independent sideband system) that I
got about 36 to 38dB separation....disappointing when compared to FM specs,
but really good enough for automobiles, where most C-Quam radios were,
anyway.
If there's nothing that offends you in your community, then you know you're not
living in a free society.
Kim Campbell - ex-Canadian Prime Minister - 2004
For direct replies, take out the contents between the hyphens. -Really!-

"t.hoehler" wrote in message
Hi Jianhong, I found the cquam documents I have. The first is a Motorola IC
advance information on the MC13020P AM stereo decoder chip. the second doc
is by Motorola also, Questions and Answers for the consumer. I don't know
if these will help, but to answer your question about separation of the
received am stereo signal, the MC13020P chip claims 30 db channel
separation, and at 100% modulation, the output distortion is typically 1.0 %
THD. Other than that info, the IC spec sheet gives pinout info on the
decoder chip, but no info about the transmitter end at all. Unfortunately, I
have no info on the Motorola CQUAM stereo exciter.
Hope this helps,
Tom
"Jianhong Wang" wrote in message
Hi, Guys

I want to know what is the best stereo seperation a commercial
receiver can get for stereo AM signal? Could you recommend a receiver
to me. The same question to the transmitter. What is the best stereo
AM generator that can generates a good stereo seperation.

Thanks