Old April 28th 04, 02:24 AM
Don Forsling

Do you mean legal penalties? If you do, the answer is "none." In theory,
a station that broadcasts old, old news might run afoul of whatever's left
of the "licensed operate in the public, interest, convenience and necessity"
doctrine. I dunno: Is old news better or worse than no news at all?
Remember, radio stations are no longer obligated to broadcast _any_ news.
In the main, I don't think that radio is taken seriously by many as a
serious source for any than weather news. There are of course some stations
that are major exceptions. You may care. I don't. To each his own.

Cheers.

Don Forsling
"Iowa--Gateway to Those Big Rectangular States"

"George Carden" wrote in message
Rich, (and all)...

I would like to ask another question, along these same lines....

What are the limits/penalities, for a radio station that records and
re-airs a radio network newscast hours...in some instances even *days*
later? I actually know of a station that does this, much to the
chagrine of anyone who respects professional broadcasting practices,
responsibility and journalism.

-George Carden, Minneapolis, MN

Date: 19 Apr 2004 21:06:28 GMT
From: Rich Wood