Old April 28th 04, 07:29 PM
Scott Dorsey

Don Forsling wrote:
Do you mean legal penalties? If you do, the answer is "none." In theory,
a station that broadcasts old, old news might run afoul of whatever's left
of the "licensed operate in the public, interest, convenience and necessity"
doctrine. I dunno: Is old news better or worse than no news at all?

I dunno, I just tuned into the local college station to hear an annoucement
about an invasion in Normandy this afternoon. I found it interesting, but
I did not find it topical.

Remember, radio stations are no longer obligated to broadcast _any_ news.
In the main, I don't think that radio is taken seriously by many as a
serious source for any than weather news. There are of course some stations
that are major exceptions. You may care. I don't. To each his own.

I think it's a shame, personally.
--scott