Old April 30th 04, 03:51 PM
Tim Perry

I dunno, I just tuned into the local college station to hear an

annoucement
about an invasion in Normandy this afternoon. I found it interesting, but
I did not find it topical.

Al Kaada is invading normandy? the French are surrendering again?

sorry, i've never even heard of anyone rerunning net news over a day old
before this. i was involved in taping net news following 9-11 so top of
the hour news played at bottom of the hour (or thereabouts) on FM stations
that didn't normally air net news.

we reciently had a starguide malfunction which resulted in a tape delayed
program airing the some of same elements repeatedly. the contact closure
"stuck" so automation never got the cue to start recording a new segment.

suppose some station records a cart called "news01" then their automation is
set to play news01 once an hour during dayparts. then no one updates the
cart for a few days. AND the cart is set to never expire. this would result
in the kind of problem that's being discussed.