Old May 4th 04, 05:48 PM
Bill Blomgren

On 4 May 2004 03:08:59 GMT, Larry W4CSC wrote:

(Foxsrus1) wrote in :

best sites for instruction on playing music on the net?
thanks

http://www.ascap.com

http://www.bmi.com

They license most of the music you hear, so it's a good place to start.

How much money you gots? You're gonna need it.

Digital Millenium Copyright Act is why Americans aren't broadcasting now.

I visited ASCAP to give him a feeling for what is required.... Assumed
"experimental".. No income. and about 25 streams...

Rate Schedule A
Sponsor Revenue $ 0
Adjustment to Sponsor Revenue $ 0 for commissions to ad agencies
Net Sponsor Revenue $ 0
User Revenue $ 0
Total Site/Service Revenue $ 0
Rate Based on Revenue .01615
Site/Service Sessions 25
Rate Based on Site/Service Sessions $ .00048
Sessions Based License Fee $ 0.01
Revenue Based License Fee $ 0.00
Minimum License Fee $ 264
License Fee Payable to ASCAP $ 264.00

So that is what you pay each month to service 25 total connections. Figure
it will be about that per month for BMI as well. Interestingly enough, that
is more than a classical station I recorded for paid each month, and they had
some serious ratings and profits. Then again, virtually everything they had
on the air was from the1700's and 1800's...